Not everyone is into landscape design, but we can all tell when someone spends time taking care of their lawn because of their lush green grass with accents of flowers and beautiful trees. Landscaping seems to be simple, but not all lawns are proof of that. As simple as it may seem, there is a lot to learn to get a perfect lawn. Below are some ways to help you restore your landscape and have a beautiful lawn you can be proud of.
1. Get rid of dry patches: it is virtually impossible to make your entire lawn colorful and lush. Unfortunately, dry patches in your lawn and dead flowers immediately draw attention and distract from the other landscaping. It is best to replace the dry areas with healthy grass or plants to improve the look of your lawn instantly. This is an easy form of landscape restoration that anyone can do.
2. Create a focal point: when you create a focal point in your yard, it becomes more interesting and will draw attention to itself. Choose a specific plant or statue to make the focal point, then create the rest of your design to draw focus to this point.
3. Add interest with landscape movements: bring life and interest into your landscape with movement. This can be done with flowers that attract animals or swaying plants. Bringing movement and activity to your landscape design can improve your yard more than you would expect. In The Woodlands, TX, plants that attract hummingbirds are a great idea.
4. Plant in the right spot: before planting anything, it is important to know the optimal amount of water and sunlight the plant needs, as well as its growth rate, needed space, and full-grown size. This will help you ensure that your landscape design will thrive throughout the years.
5. Mowing at the right height: mowing your grass to the best height is a topic that is widely disputed. When you cut your lawn short, the grass is stressed out too much. It is best to keep your lawn healthy by raising the mower to a higher setting and only cutting a third of the grass length. This will help prevent weeds and help the grass develop better roots. Your local landscaping company should follow the same guidelines.
6. Using fertilizers: if you want to grow a strong lawn, fertilizer is necessary. Try to find a fertilizer that includes micronutrients to give your lawn what it needs to stay healthy. Fertilizers act like multivitamins for humans. In Tomball, TX, the soil requires regular fertilization and lime every few years to keep the soil pH levels balanced.
By using the tips above, your lawn can look green and lush and be the envy of the neighborhood. Simply remember to get rid of any dry patches, create a focal point, add interest with landscape movements, plant in the right spot, mow your grass at the right height, and use fertilizers as recommended. If you need further help with your lawn, talk with your local professionals.